Can the EAP Really Make a Difference For Me?
We are here for you!
The EAP provides supportive counseling services to employees and eligible family members. The program has a broad range of resources that can help employees resolve personal and professional issues. In addition to counseling services, the EAP offers work-life resources and programs for professional and personal development.
Confidentiality is the hallmark of our program. All contact between you and the EAP is confidential. No information can be reported about you or about your use of the EAP to anyone without your written consent, except when required by law. Nothing is included in your medical record or personnel file.
Check out our latest newsletter. Click HERE.
Who are the clinical providers?
We have on-site and community based EAP clinicians. The on-site EAP office and community based panel has licensed psychologists, marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers and mental health counselors who specialize in a variety of clinical areas. Bilingual clinicians are available.
Where and when can I talk to a counselor?
- You can meet with the on-site EAP staff.
- You can request a referral to one of the community based clinical providers. Providers, who are part of the Broward Health insurance plans, have private offices at more than 45 locations in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Daytime, evening and Saturday hours are available.
What does it cost?
Up to four free sessions are available through the EAP for benefit eligible employees and their dependents. If you select a clinical provider who is also covered by your health insurance, then you can continue with the same clinician if additional sessions are needed.
What if work becomes a problem?
Personal difficulties, if not resolved, may eventually affect job performance. The EAP offers individual coaching for managing job stress, improving communication skills and other interpersonal interactions. Coaching can be effective for personal and professional development.
Other services available:
- Work-life Information Resources offers referrals and reference materials
- Childcare and eldercare
- Referrals for financial and legal information
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Lunch n' Learn programs
- On-site workshops designed to meet the needs of your work area
- Confidential consultations to address work-life balance issues
Broward Health Employee Assistance Program